It’s easy to get started with your Wacom MobileStudio Pro and begin to experience freedom of creating anywhere. Program your ExpressKeys for quick access to your frequently-used shortcut keys. If you have the 512GB model with Intel® 3D RealSense™ Technology, you can get a one-year subscription to 3D scanning software from Artec™.
Why should I buy a MobileStudio Pro as opposed to an Apple iPad or other tablets?
The MobileStudio Pro was designed specifically for artists and other digital content creators. As such, it has some unique features not found on the MS Surface Pro or other tablets:
- Larger screen size compared to most 13.3" tablets, with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 or UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution for the 16" version. This makes drawing easier.
- Matte display surface to support drawing with authentic pen-on-paper feeling. Most tablets have a shiny surface which does not offer enough friction for comfortable drawing.
- Latest Intel® Core™ processor technology with premium components such as 512GB Solid State Drive. Thus the Mobilestudio Pro can run professional creative software such as Adobe® Photoshop® or Autodesk® Maya. Most tablets are much less powerful.
- Full professional stylus.
- 8192 levels of pressure (versus 1024 or 2048 on other tablets).
- Pen tilt: the stylus tilts like a real brush and the professional software will reflect the angle in the drawing.
- Rotation: the stylus can be rotated along the tablet axis and the professional software will adapt the brush stroke accordingly (Art Pen only, sold separately).
- Side switches for shortcuts.
- Everything about the Pro Pen 2 is designed for precision, control and comfort. The ergo flare keeps your fingers from sliding as you work; the materials are soft to the touch. Other tablets have a thin stylus which is only intended for pointing and selecting.
- A stable stand that can take the weight and pressure of a person drawing on the screen without the tablet bending or moving. The stand can be used in 3 different angles (as well as flat) for more comfortable drawing.
- Six or eight ExpressKeys (buttons) are for shortcuts used with professional graphics software. You can customize them to fit your workflow. This is a unique feature which no other tablets offer.
- On-screen controls (soft keys). These are like ExpressKeys and can be used for program shortcuts in professional graphics software. Four banks of eight keys or sliders can be used at a time and are usually assigned to the four positions of the Rocker Ring. They can also be assigned to the ExpressKeys if preferred.
- Sturdy pen carrying case for the stylus and spare nibs
- Soft case with space for the stylus, cables and optional Wireless Bluetooth® keyboard (available through Wacom eStores).
Where can I buy the MobileStudio Pro ?
In most countries, the Mobilestudio Pro is available directly from the Wacom eStore and selected retail partners.
Which MobileStudio Pro configuration should I buy?
The decision depends on your individual needs. Each configuration has been developed to support various use cases. On Wacom.com there are detailed explanations and comparisons of all configurations.
Will the MobileStudio Pro run all Windows Graphics software?
In general, yes MobileStudio Pro runs all Windows graphic applications as this is what it has designed for. But the performance varies by configuration. Please check your processing needs and select the right product for you.
Can I secure the MobileStudio Pro with a Kensington Lock Slot?
Yes. Many customers asked for a Kensington Lock Slot with the MobileStudio Pro. Thus, all MobileStudio Pro configurations support a Kensington Lock Slot.
Can the MobileStudio Pro be connected to desktop Cintiqs or other monitors?
Yes. The MobileStudio Pro has a USB-C connector for direct connection to other USB-C devices. For connection to other devices including a desktop Cintiq such as the Cintiq 27QHD, you many need an adaptor like the Wacom Link accessoriy.
How do I attach the Wacom MobileStudio Pro to a desktop computer?
Attach the Wacom Link adapter to the middle USB-C port and attach USB cable and displayport cable to your desktop machine.
When in desktop mode can I transfer my files from desktop to my MobileStudio Pro to continue my work on the go?
Yes, you just need to keep a SD card inserted in your MobileStudio Pro. This data storage can be seen and accessed by your desktop to transfer your files to your MobileStudio Pro.
Does the Wacom MobileStudio Pro have a TPM solution?
Yes. The Wacom MobileStudio Pro (enhanced) will come with a firmware-based TPM, instead of an IC TPM. This is not a physical TPM module, but is part of the CPU architecture. From a security standpoint, discrete and firmware TPM solutions share the same characteristics:
- Both use hardware based secure execution.
- Both use firmware for portions of the TPM functionality.
- Both are equipped with tamper resistance capabilities.
- Both have unique security limitations/risks.
When running Adobe Photoshop on a QHD or UHD display, the menus and text seem very small.
This could be due to a couple reasons.
- Update to the latest version of Adobe CC. If using a 2015 version of Photoshop CC, the 66 and 32 bit versions can act differently. Please make sure that the updated version is installed, or run the 32 bit version of the software. Please see www.adobe.com for details
- Some software applications do not take full advantage of QHD and UHD resolutions within their respective UI (user interface). You can make sure that Photoshop is running with UI Scaling enabled (under Edit > Preferences)
Does the new Wacom Cintiq Pro 13/16 and Wacom MobileStudio Pro support HDMI connection to a computer?
The Wacom MobileStudio Pro (both 13” and 16”) and the Wacom Cintiq Pro (both 13” and 16” models) are designed to provide the best possible experience using the latest USB-C connectivity. This enables the design of a thinner device and full compatibility with 4K resolution screens and color depth. USB-C is directly compatible with the Mini DisplayPort standard which is common on all the latest computers including Apple Mac. The Wacom Link adaptor included with the Cintiq Pro 13 and 16 and optional for the Mobile Studio Pro (only necessary for hybrid mode) provides full Mini DisplayPort compatibility.
Wacom is aware that some customers have systems and would like to use HDMI. For Full HD or WQHD displays, like the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 and Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13, there are a few HDMI to DisplayPort converter options which provide adequate performance if your computer does not have a USB-C port or Mini DisplayPort (see below). Unfortunately, HDMI support is more complicated when it comes to 4K screens. 4K screens are only fully supported by the HDMI 2.0 standard but most computers have only HDMI 1.4 which restricts 4K screens to a 30hz refresh rate and causes unacceptable pen lag. Furthermore, many HDMI to DisplayPort converters only support 4K with 30hz, so even if your computer has HDMI 2.0 it will not give adequate performance with a converter. For good performance your computer needs to output HDMI 2.0 with 60hz refresh rate and the converter chosen must support 60hz.
Wacom continues to evaluate 3rd-party adaptors for HDMI and currently recommends the following converters for the newly released Cintiq Pro 13 and MobileStudio Pro, but with cautions:
|StarTech HDMI to DisplayPort Converter (Part # HD2DP)*||Cintiq Pro 13 (1920x1080)
Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 (2560x1440)
|Available in most markets. Works well with most computers with HDMI ports.|
|Siig HDMI to DisplayPort 4K UHD active adaptor*||Cintiq Pro 13 (1920x1080)
Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 (2560x1440)
Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 (3840x2160@30Hz )
|While it supports 4K, it will only run at 30Hz, not 60Hz with pen lag. Performance not optimum.|
|gofanco HDMI to DisplayPort (4Kx2K) Converter*||Cintiq Pro 13 (1920x1080)
Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 (2560x1440)
Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 (resolution drops to 2560x1440)
|Supports 1080P; causes some pen lag at 2560x1440. Performance not optimum.|
*Requires purchase of 3rd party MiniDP to DP cable to connect converter to Wacom Link
Where is the Windows activation key?
Customers do not need any activation codes anymore. The Windows activation key is stored electronically in the Bios system.
Which special applications are included with which versions?
All MobileStudio Pro configurations have Bamboo Paper pre-installed with full features free of charge.
For Core i7 - 512GB models that include the 3D scanning Intel RealSense camera, a one-year subscription of the professional Artec 3D™ software (worth $1,200) is available. You just need to register your product accordingly.